Craving a comfort meal? This WFPB cheesy pasta with broccoli will do the trick!
The cheese sauce I used this time is from Chef Cynthia Louise (CCL). I had made a big batch and stashed away half for another meal which ended up being this one. This is a great recipe to make a double batch or make ahead and have on hand for quick meals.
With the cheese sauce already made, I just needed some pasta and broccoli! You could easily add more ingredients to your liking. Maybe some sauteed bell peppers. Or some bread crumbs on top.
CCL cheese sauce (1 batch)
Plant based milk (to thin out cheese sauce if necessary)
8 oz pasta of choice (I like lentil pasta)
12 oz of broccoli, frozen
Red pepper flakes (optional)
1. Cook pasta according to package.
2. Drain pasta and rinse with cold water. This helps keep non-wheat pasta from breaking apart.
3. Mix and warm cheese and plant based milk in pot on low-med heat.
4. Mix in frozen broccoli and warm on low-med heat. You do not want the cheese to burn or stick to bottom of pot.
5. Once sauce and broccoli are hot, add in pasta and stir to coat.
6. I sprinkled mine with a little red pepper flakes.
● If you are going to add sauteed peppers, I would cook those after the pasta and before adding the cheese to the pot.
● If you want to add breadcrumbs, you can put all the ingredients, once warmed, into a baking dish, top with breadcrumbs, and bake in the oven or under the broiler until breadcrumbs are lightly browned.
Leave a Reply