Back in 1999 I was exposed to some chemicals while the company I was working for was renovating the building. Several co-workers and I became very sick. My life after that had changed. I had a hard time going about my normal everyday activities. Certain smells began causing me to have severe headaches, often migraines. This exposure also induced asthma which required me to use inhalers. Forget trying to clean the house. I had to get a heavy duty mask to wear just to clean.
During my research on the chemicals I was exposed to and my symptoms, I started looking into natural cleaning products and natural living. I switched my cleaning products to environmentally friendly ones, started to improve my diet, and began learning more about a holistic lifestyle.
This horrible experience I went through brought me to review what I use for my family; everything from food and nutrition to personal and home care. Most importantly be able to share this information with others.
Fast forward to 2014 where several life changes began to impair my health again. I was exhausted, in pain, anxious, depressed, had ‘IBS’, and long painful periods. I ended up with adrenal fatigue, candida, leaky gut, and hormone imbalances. All too common for our world today.
I know there are many others out there that go through similar stressful days and events. Our world has advanced quicker than we can keep up with. I’ve always enjoyed helping others get healthy and happy and I want to continue to do so. That is why I trained with IIN, and continue to expand upon my 20+ years of experience in health.
About My Training
I graduated from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition where I learned innovative coaching methods, practical lifestyle management techniques, and over 100 dietary theories – Ayurveda, gluten-free, Paleo, raw, vegan, macrobiotics, and everything in between.
I studied with the world’s top health and wellness experts including:
- Joshua Rosenthal, founder and director of the Institute for Integrative Nutrition
- Deepak Chopra, MD leader in the field of mind-body medicine
- David Katz, MD, MPH, director of Yale University’s Prevention Research Center
- Walter Willett, MD, DrPH, chair of nutrition at Harvard University
- Andrew Weil, MD, director of the Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine
- Gabrielle Bernstein, bestselling author and life coach
- Susan Blum, MD, MPH, assistant clinical professor at Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- Mark Hyman, MD, founder of The UltraWellness Center
- Geneen Roth, bestselling author and expert on emotional eating
- David Wolfe, raw food leader and nutrition expert
- Marion Nestle, PhD, MPH, professor at New York University’s Department of Nutrition, Food Studies, and Public Health
- Mark Bittman, food writer for The New York Times and bestselling author
- Joel Fuhrman, MD, family physician and leading expert on nutritional healing
My education has equipped me with extensive, cutting-edge knowledge in holistic nutrition, health coaching, and prevention. Drawing on my expertise, I work with my clients to help make lifestyle changes and choose health-promoting ways that produce real and lasting results. You will develop a deeper understanding of food and lifestyle choices that work best for you, improving your energy, balance, health, and happiness.
Each session will leave you feeling inspired and motivated. We will talk about things beyond food, seeking to bring balance to important elements of your life such as love and relationships as well as career and money. I will personally and carefully guide you to make simple, small changes that transform your life.